Happy Christmas Season ya’ll (and happy Gilmore Girls is now available! #priorities). Another Friday Finds here, and this one is firmly about my favourite subject: CANDLES. Other people may say “early 20th century history” or “renaissance literature,” but here at Wolf & Stag, we say nothing portrays ‘fascinating subject’ quite like holiday candles.
My favourite candles have always been from Anthropologie. For most of the year, you’ll find me lighting their Capri Blue ‘Volcano’ candles (honestly, it smells so good and I have no clue what it even smells like), but come December 1st, I delve right into their scrumptious holiday scents. Their sweet vanilla cinnamon candle is go-to candle for this time of year, which they conveniently put into the most beautiful golden vase just for the holidays. The White Company is another great place to find some mid-range holiday candles — also because they often have 15 or 20% off coupons lingering this time of year.
However, if you’re hoping to save a bit of that candle money for, you know, presents for other people (ugh), there are plenty of most cost-efficient alternatives out there. M&S has a huge selection of the more traditional Christmas candle (with 20% off this weekend!), whereas H&M are perfect if you’re looking for that high-end look with a smaller price tag, a la ME.
Photo 1 via H&M. Photo 2 via The Xerxes.
Finally, for those of you Net-a-Porter dwelling, Jay-Z resembling, taxi hailing types, there are the oh-so-very expensive luxury Christmas candles. Selfridges has a great selection. Actually, if you’re ever in the area, taking a stop at Selfridges off Oxford Street to walk through their candle department is like a dream, and it will definitely get you in the Christmas spirit. Trouva also has a HUGE array of candles and in general is perfect place to shop for all your gifts. Particularly if you are like me and prefer to shop independent, local brands and stores.
And OK, I may sound a bit snarky about expensive candles in the paragraph above, but let’s be real: if I suddenly won the lottery, clearly I would dedicate a significant portion of this money to having a lifetime supply of fancy candles. Again…#priorities.
Friday Finds: The Best Holiday Candles for Every Budget
// B U D G E T : U P TO £ 1 5 //
- The Body Shop Spiced Apple Scented Candle | 200g | £10
- H&M Small Scented Pear Candle in Pine Balsam | 5hrs burn time | £4.99
- H&M Scented Candle in Pine Balsam | 50hrs burn time | £12.99
- H&M Scented Candle in Holiday Clove | 30hrs burn time | £6.99
- M&S Winter Berry Jar Candle | 875g | £8
- Pluto Scented Candle Tin in Musk | £3.15 from the Scandinavian Shop (30% off!)
- M&S Mandarin, Cinnamon & Clove Inclusion Candle | 321g | £7.50
- Lily-Flame Christmas Day Scented Candle Tin | 240g | £9 from John Lewis
- Anthropologie Cookie Cutter Candle (in either Gingerbread or Snickerdoodle) | 130g | £12
// M I D – R A N G E : £ 1 5 – £ 3 0 //
- True Grace Christmas Noel No. 39 Scented Candle | 450g | £28 from John Lewis
- Miller Harris Hope & Joy Christmas Candle | 140g | £30 at Trouva
- Space NK Shimmering Spice Candle | 175g | £25
- Anthropologie Illume Boulangerie Jar in Sweet Vanilla Cinnamon | 180ml | £16
- Evermore Orange & Cinnamon Soy Candle | 175g | £28
- The White Company Orange Grove Pillar Botanical Candle | 660g | £26
- Skandinavisk Jul (Christmas) Scented Candle | 190g | £28 from Trouva
- Wax Lyrical Gold, Frankincense & Myrrh Luxury Scented Candle | £18
- M&J London Celtic Fire Candle (Pine, Peat & Cedar) | Small | £23
// L U X U R Y: £ 3 0 + //
- Diptyque Candle Epices et Delices | 190g | £48 at Space NK
- Anthropologie Candles in Mulled Wine or Sweet Vanilla Cinnamon | £38-£40
- Neom Christmas Wish Scented Candle | 350g | £45at M&S (you can get 20% off from M&S this weekend only!)
- Skandinavisk Vinter Mini Scented Candle Trio | 55g each | £38 at Trouva
- Tocca Holiday Candela Collection 2016 in Chamonix | 284g | £40 at Space NK
- Cocolux Fig, orange and clove scented candle | 350g | £60 at Selfridges
- Bella Freud Loving Candle (Tuberose and Sandalwood | 180g | £40 at Cult Beauty
- Cire Trudon Nazareth Candle | 270g | £70 at Trouva
What’re my picks? With my love of independent shops, I’d probably be buying the Evermore Orange & Cinnamon from the ‘Mid-Range’ selection (no. 5). I love Evermore candles. However, I managed to snag my Anthropologie Sweet Vanilla Cinnamon one in the Christmas sale last year in preparation for now. BARGAIN HUNTER WIN.
Which ones are your favourite from the selection? Did I miss any in here — what’s your go-to Christmas candle?
Featured image candle: Wild Fig Scented Candle by Beefayre — Not on the High Street