So I am going to pretend that my intent all along was to make these very-last-second gift guides to bridge that period between the late-present-buyer and the sale-shopping-planner. In reality, I am just — as usual — LATE. I have always said that, in many ways, I find the month of December much more enjoyable than actual Christmas day. Much of this has to do with the build-up, the excitement, the parties and the dinners and the events. It also makes blogging in the evenings so hard. And present shopping. Clearly Stag and I are very behind in our shopping for each other, and so these guides are as much about helping you readers as they are about helping us….
In fact, the Stocking Stuffer Gift Guides (Parts 1 and 2) are more like our actual Christmas shopping lists. These guides, on the other hand, are our ‘in a dream world’ wish-lists and — for the Wolf one, at least — more my shopping plan for the after-Christmas sales.
Stag and I (only?) have a limit of £100 to spend on each other at Christmas. And while that may seem like a lot for many of you, half of the items I’ve listed are at an eye-watering top-of-budget price. Not the normal Wolf & Stag way of sticking to what you can afford, and when you can afford it, I know. But let this be your guide for the after-Christmas sales, where I bet you many of these will become affordable.
I am putting particular attention on the Desmond and Dempsey pyjamas, which are so beautiful and one of those luxury items you will keep forever. Now that I spend so much time at home, I am in a constant state of seeking out soft, cozy and luxurious items for me and for our home. This candle, for instance, is a perfect present for a cozy-lover, as well as these affordable silk eye masks.
For travel, I have been desperate for a Smythson travel wallet for eternity — however, at nearly £400, I have to say, I’d rather have a trip than a travel wallet! These ones from Not on the High Street, & Other Stories and Michael Kors are more affordable (but still beautiful) gifts for the jet-setters in your life.
And what about for the men? Stag insists I tell you all that a chromecast is 100% necessary in any man’s life, and that in general technology (or alcohol) is a good bet. However, for those less tech-savvy wolfs worried about buying your man technology (like me), a nice shirt is always appreciated. Banana Republic is Stag’s favourite, and their sale has already started: present-buying WIN.
// T H E W O L F G I F T G U I D E //
- 14K Gold Filled Horn Necklace | from £26.32 | Silver Lotus Designers via Etsy
- Wool Cashmere Belted Coat | £255 (was £399) | Jaeger
- Michael by Michael Kors Saffiano Leather Travel Set | £95 | Selfridges
- The Tribeca White & Rosegold Watch | £79 | Rosefield
- Aesop Resurrection Hand Wash | £27 for 500ml | Cult Beauty
- Peony Print Long Women’s Luxury Cotton Pyjama Set | £135 | Desmond & Dempsey
- Rifle Paper Co. Raven Address Book | £32 | Tea and Kate
- House of Rym Fir Fir Saucer and Tea Cup | £24.95 for Both | Tea and Kate (Cup and Saucer)
- Brooklyn Candle Studio Sweet Fig Amber Candle | £34 | Wood/Grey
- ‘Vagabond’ by Brian Mashburn Fine Art Print | Edition of 90 | £40 | Nelly Duff
- Anya Hindmarch Girlie Stuff Patent Leather-Trimmed Cosmetics Case | £95 | Net-a-Porter
- East London Food in Pink (also in Beige and Grey) | £28 (plus 10% off newsletter subscribers) | Hoxton Mini Press
// T H E S T A G G I F T G U I D E //
- 58 Gin (made in Hackney) | 500ml | £35 | Tabl.
- Google Chromecast | £28.50 (cheaper than other places) | Tesco Direct
- Barbour Waxed Cotton Holdall in Olive | £149 | John Lewis
- Classic Leather Hip Flask (also in black) | £49 | Aspinal of London
- Barista & Co Plunge Pot in Electric Copper | £23.80 (was £34) | Amara
- Kindle Paperwhite | £104.49 (was £109.99) | Amazon
- Ugg Ascot Moccasin Suede Slippers in Chesnut | £90 | John Lewis
- Simon Carter Pursuits Stag Head Cufflinks | £44 (was £50) | Style Society
- Beoplay H8 Wireless Noise-Cancelling Headphones | £399 | Bang & Olufsen
- Limited Edition Game of Thrones Notebook – Large | £19.95 | Moleskine
- Hagen Steel-Mesh Watch | £165 | Skagen
- Camden Fit Luxe-Flannel Gingham Shirt | £39.99 (was £55) | Banana Republic
- Penhaligon’s Mini Him Collection | 5 x 5ml | £41 | Cult Beauty
And that’s it for the gift guides this year! Stay tuned for more Christmas-themed posts in the next week — including an ‘our wedding story’ post on our 1 year wedding anniversary. This one’s gonna be close to my heart.