This post comes to you courtesy of Eire’s bank account (negative) and her penchant for bulk-buying autumnal-anything come October.
It also comes to you thanks to a chance encounter between me and a coat department in M&S.
I don’t know if any of you have noticed, but M&S are killing it this season, with boots and coats galore that I wish I could snap up. I was walking through one of their stores the other day – giving away some discount coupons to random shoppers, like a benevolent shopaholic fairy – when I walked through the coat department. I literally stopped and sighed, and I think I may have tried them all on.
On the first try-on, I flipped over the price tag, thinking, “oh this will be way out of my blogger-meets-freelance salary.” And then gold: it was £69. Some were even as low as £55. GLORY.
Unfortunately, Stag and I headed off to Spain before I had a chance to use my discount coupon myself (I like to take 10 years before making an style-investment decision, like a coat). However, even at full price, some of these gems are fantastic value for money. Considering we London dwellers wear coats 3/4 of the year, it’s justified to buy a few. Right?
Also – and I am probably very slow to realise this – did you know that Next now sell other high street brands, similar to ASOS? I had absolutely no clue until I did this post. I may be a Next convert now.
My absolute favourites of the below? Numbers 4, 5 and 7. Waiting for the right discount code to come along again…
Friday Finds: The Best Coats Under £100
- Wool-Blend Coat | Powder | £69.99 | H&M
- Wool-Blend Coat | Dark Blue | £99.99 | H&M
- Coat in a Wool-Blend | Beige Marl | £49.99 | H&M
- Wool Blend Smart Peacoat | Olive (also amazing in navy) | £99 | Marks & Spencer
- Double Button Masculine Coat | Grey | £69.99 | Zara
- Unstructured Trench Coat | Black | £79 | Marks & Spencer
- Double-breasted Coat | £75 | Monki
- Leopard Print Coat | £85 | Topshop
- Hooded Coat | Sand | £89.99 | Zara
- Forever New Textured Coat | Salt & Pepper | £75 | Next
And if you’re really on a budget: this gorgeous New Look belted longline coat looks like it could be Whistles or Jigsaw but comes at a meagre price point of £39.99. Pretty sure you’ll be seeing me in this at some point…