Here’s the scenario: Stag and I are about to run out the door to head to a cafe. We are almost out the flat when I say to him absent-mindedly, “Hold on — let me just grab some leopard,” and I reach for my leopard scarf in our entryway. This statement of the ridiculous caused us both to stop, stare at each other and reflect. Did I really just say that? Who am I? What have I become? (Stag: “Is that even a thing to say?”)
But then I realised: of course you said that, Eire, because you do need to just grab some leopard. Because everyone does, and because leopard is the hero we all need in a world of nothing-to-wear.
I know I must be speaking to a room of the converted, but seriously, a leopard print accessory is exactly what you need. It works a well in Autumn as it does in Spring, and it can honestly bring every look together in a flash. If you’re not in the Church of Leopard, you need to join immediately and thank me later.
What I’m Wearing
//Leopard print scarf: Zara // Black V-Neck Sweater: Banana Republic // Jeans: Warehouse (old, similar here) // Chelsea Boots: Marks & Spencer // Black Shopper: Topshop (out of stock; similar here) //
This leopard scarf in particular is my absolute favourite. If you follow my Instagram you would have seen this a couple of times. It’s also insanely warm. And if you’re like me and cold FOREVER, this is a very chic way to secretly wrap yourself in a blanket while in the office/bus/meeting/cafe/doctor’s office and not feel ashamed.
And if the oh-so-wonderfully-dressed Jenna Lyons can go on record to say, “As far I’m concerned, leopard is a neutral” — well, then it’s good enough for me.
Leopard Crush: Some of my favourite leopard accessories, just waiting for the after-Christmas Sales…
- Miss Selfridge Leopard Print Faux Fur Coat, Mid Brown // Reduced to £50 // John Lewis
- Oriana Layered Halo Necklace // from £60 // Essentia by Love Lily Rose
- Schuh Beige & Brown Hella Leopard Boots // £78// Schuh
- Jacquard Weave Shawl in Leopard Print // £14.99 // H&M
- Sophia Poplin Shirt in White // £55 (with an extra 20% off) // People Tree
- Small Shoulder Bag in Leopard Print // £7.99 // H&M
- American Vintage Women’s Tessie Jeans – Indigo // now £54 // Coggles
- Butterfly Twists Cleo Leopard Ballet Pumps // £28 // Joy