Featured image via Wood/Grey. Better late than never! In the glorious, productive and completely-efficient life of “Expectation,” this post was going to come to you on December 1st. Then, Friday December 9th. In actuality… Sunday December 11th. When everyone has already bought most of their Christmas gifts already. I swear, a battle between Expectation Vs. Reality a la 500 Days of Summer would be my life as a movie. Ramblings aside, this post is for those of you who (like me) will buy stocking stuffer or Secret Santa presents until the bitter end. Part One of our W&S Stocking Stuffer Gift Guides cover those in your life who love travel and who love all things cosy and at home (aka, ME).
I know what you’re thinking: but Eire, why focus on stocking stuffers over more lust-worthy Christmas wishlists? Well, here’s my controversial statement of the day: stocking presents are much more exciting than actual presents.
Stockings bring a flair of childlike excitement and a yearning for tradition that seem to evaporate like snow as the years tick by.
Don’t get me wrong, I love being gifted with the nicer things on my wishlist. But, when it comes to mystery, intrigue, a dash of fun and genuine surprise on Christmas day (hard to come by when you’re over 25 and you live with your partner — let’s be real), stockings have it all. They bring a flair of childlike excitement and a yearning for tradition that seems to evaporate like snow as the years tick by.
Plus, as evolution would have it, all items that are transformed into tiny versions of themselves are suddenly coveted, adorable things that are so much better than they were before. Thanks evolution.
// FOR THE COSY LOVER //
- Night Notes Howie Print Notebook | £6 | Desmond & Dempsey
- Paxton Sea Salt Gourmet Hot Chocolate | £8.50 | Trouva
- Luxury Mulberry Silk Eye Mask | £7.50 each | Soak & Sleep
- Nearly Nirvana White Tea Bags | £6.75 for 15 tea bags | Bluebird Tea Co.
- Rose & Bergamont Room Spray | £10 | Hopscotch London
- Susanne Kaufmann Bath Oil Collection | £15 | Space NK
- The Little Book of Hygge | £7.99 (was £9.99) | Waterstones
- Silk Slippers in Libertine Print | £20 (was £40) | Yolke
- Mulled Wine Votive Candle | £12 | The White Company
- Sheepskin Insole | £18 | Ugg
// FOR THE WORLD WANDERER //
- Muji Clear Cosmetics Case | £5.95 | Muji
- Glo Travel Wallet | £4.99 | Go Travel
- Lulu Organics Hair Powder (Travel size) | £10 | Free People
- Alpha H Moisture Boosting Facial Mist | 100ml | £13 | Beauty Bay
- Kate Spade New York Off We Go Luggage Tag | £14 | House of Fraser
- Glasses Case in Natural White/Butterflies | £5.99 | H&M
- Memobottle A5 Water Bottle | 350ml | £8 | Wish.com
- Elizabeth Scarlett Ananas Indigo Wash Bag | £20 | Wood/Grey
- Wallpaper* City Guide: Stockholm (many other cities available) | £6.95 | Phaidon
- Aesop Resurrection Rinse-Free Hand Wash | £7 | Cult Beauty
- Herbivore Botanicals Bamboo Charcoal Cleansing Soap Bar | £11 | Wood/Grey
Part 2 will be out tomorrow evening and cover: gifts for him (the Stag), gifts for YOU (the Wolf.. me?) and possibly a foodie guide thrown in. Stay tuned!