Some exciting news from the Wolf & Stag front: Stag and I are off to HAWAII today. Guys, I can’t even tell you how much of a bucket-list trip this is. Clearly I’ve spent the past two weeks scouring pinterest for glam tropical outfit ideas, filled with hope that I will be as chic and effortless as Julia from Gal Meets Glam on her Hawaii trip, while slowly succumbing to the crushing realisation that I’ll just end up in my tattered bikini stuffing my face and avoiding cameras. You know, the usual holiday prep.
In honour of our travels, I thought I’d revive the Friday Finds post to focus on an item I’ve been wanting to add to my travel arsenal for a while: travel wallets.
I tend to write about travel gear a lot (see previous posts on my favourite travel beauty, my travel uniform and stocking stuffers for travellers). While some people are shoe people (I’m not) or handbag people (nope, not me), I can safely say I am a travel accessories kind of person.
I’ve been racking my brain to figure out why that is, exactly. I guess travel accessories are a mix of useful, practical, un-frivolous but also beautiful and timeless. You tend to only have ONE travel wallet, ONE passport holder, ONE makeup bag (or three in my case…), so why not make them ones you’ll keep forever? This is why a few of the travel wallets listed in my edit are quite pricey (but all are on sale!).
Plus, travelling is so arduous — why not have something that both organises your life and makes you feel like Gwyneth jet-setting across the Atlantic?
My picks of the travel wallets below? Of course, my dream is to have one from Smythson or Aspinal. However, for those on a budget, Paper Think’s £30 leather wallet is such great value for money, and comes in a load of shades. See the full edit below — let me know what your favourites are!
Friday Finds: 11 Amazing Travel Wallets
- Classic Travel Wallet | Leather & Suede | £78-130 (was £130) | Available in a zillion colours, my favourites are Smooth Berry Red (£91) and Smooth Amber (£78) | Aspinal of London
- Travel Envelope | Recycled Leather | £30 | Available in a bunch of colours, this one is ‘Pistacchio’ | Paper Thinks
- Savannah Travel Wallet | £21 | Harlequin at John Lewis
- Abbey Large Travel Wallet (inside view) | Leather | £45 (was £75) | Colour: Red | Radley
- Glo Travel Wallet | £4.99 | Colour: Blue (also available in orange, pink an yellow — orange was featured in my Stocking Stuffers post) | Go Travel
- Disaster Designs In a Nutshell Passport & Travel Document Wallet | £25.50 | The Present Season
- John Lewis La Salva Passport Holder (big enough to be a travel wallet) | £3.50 (was £10) | John Lewis
- Ella Lane Maia Travel Wallet | £114 (was £225) | Colour: Flo Geranium | Kate Spade
- Leather Travel Wallet | £45 | Colour: Black | & Other Stories
- The Contemporary Home Turquoise Travel Wallet | £40 | Not on the High Street
- Travel Wallets in ‘Grosvenor Corners’ and ‘Elliot Marshall’ |both £197.50 (was £395) | Available in other colours | Smythson of Bond Street (One and Two)